MSH Library - Tools And Utilities is a VBA code library providing tools
for a large number of programming tasks. This library provides VBA code for:
- Confirmations – confirm deletions and global data changes.
- Data Validation – Validate user-entries with user-friendly error messages.
- Dates – Populate combo-box/list-box controls with quarters of the year,
compute the next quarter of the year, & other date-related tasks.
- External Databases – Get the names of forms & reports in
another database; open forms & reports in another database; create a new database linked to
tables in the current database.
- Files – Test the existence of disk files & folders;
create a unique filename; extract file name, file type, & file path from a fully qualified path.
- Strings – Make lists; assemble SQL WHERE clauses, filter strings;
- Tables – Test whether tables exist, create unique temporary table names.
- UI Control – Control the appearance of the MS Access Navigation Pane.
- Measurement Conversions – Over 45 functions to convert measurements
– area, distance, volume, liquid, weight, temperature – in the same measurement system
(e.g. pounds to ounces) or between US and Metric (e.g. centimeters to inches).
- Sorting – Sort the contents of single or multi-dimensional arrays and
single- or multi-column list-box and combo-box controls.
- Operating System – Get information from the operating system, create
Windows short-cut (LNK) files.
- And More!
Other features of the MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10 library:
- Contains full documentation in PDF format
- Developed in MS Access VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- For MS Access 2007 (Service Pack 3), MS Access 2010, and later
- Modules, forms, and other database objects are unlocked and available for inspection and modification.
This is not public domain software. It is licensed to you at no cost.
MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10 and its documentation are released to you under one or
more of the GNU Public Licenses. Each pertinent GNU license is included in full as attachments in the
MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10.accdb. You may read the pertinent licenses in the
MSH Library - Tools And Utilities documentation
before downloading the source code.
You agree to be bound by these license agreements at such time as you utilize the VBA
source code, and/or distribute this or new versions of the code and/or its documentation.
Having trouble getting this application to work?
Use the Contact Me button to ask for help.
- Click the download link.
Your browser will display a file download dialog box.
- Save MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10.zip to any location on your hard drive.
- When the download is complete, follow these steps:
- browse to where you saved MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10.zip,
and right-click it.
- Choose "Extract All" from the right-click menu.
- Follow the prompts in the Extraction Wizard to extract the
MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10.accdb file to a location of your choice.
- Double-click the extracted MSH Library - Tools And Utilities v2014-10.accdb file.
- Windows will launch MS Access and open the database application.
- Unless you have extracted the .accdb file to a "trusted" location
(as defined in your MS Access local configuration), you will see this security warning message under the MS Access
- Click the Options button to display the Microsoft Office Security Options dialog (shown below).
- In the Security Options dialog, Select the "Enable This Content" option and click OK.
MS Access will now allow the VBA code in the demonstration database to execute.